RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vectorflight 540
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Calflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vectorflight 540

Love the Vector Edge, although not a plane to relax with!

David is right, it is a piece of engineering and design. No frills, just single minded in purpose. I mean if you just look at the way the framework is so integrated and well thought out. For example if you look inside the fuel compartment, there are 4 prongs of internal ply structure coming from the wing area, which grab the firewall from all corners, in addition to the usual sides. I have not seen a level of design as this before. There is also a flat piece of framework which runs from the firewall to the back of the plane. I can see this providing a lot of strength to the airframe. No wonder it flies very steady.

In terms of robustness vs. performance, the plane is not heavy for its wingspan, but it is certainly not designed specifically for 3D, although it might do it with a bigger engine. I think it was designed to be a pure aerobatic airplane. However it would be great to know how it does 3D. I am going to stick with the 91FX for a while, which is more than adequate power for advanced aerobatics (and me)