RCU Forums - View Single Post - Long lasting gas powered Sailplane
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:50 AM
FLYBABY6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long lasting gas powered Sailplane

Yes this is in fact what I meant. The reason the generators were madei.e. adapted to do this job what to lengthen the time inwhich one could fly theier electric heli's. It is an electric motor like the motor powering the rotors. It is turned by a gear which rotates as the rotor rotates, and the wiring hardware that comes with it regulates the power it makes at speed. The amount of power produced allows the heli to fly without the battery pack on the heli if wanted. They did it to prove the function. The power of the genorator produces enough to power the motors for the heli, charge the batteries, and several ports for lighting or what have you... yes this is real... There have been several companies that have made them for gasers too, but the bigger the motor the higher the cost. Have a guy working on a generator for a G-26 right now, and soon with have one for my gaser plane.... Hope this clears things up... it's real and has been around for a while.. (I hate having to charge batteries..) But yes the trade off to a constant running electric motor would be heat...

END