RCU Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty trimming for yaw with a CX2.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
DoctorS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Difficulty trimming for yaw with a CX2.

My CX2 yaws to the right, and although I haven't taken it apart or performed any serious upgrades, I have noticed a few things. When I got the bird in August, it flew really well. Still flies fairly nicely, which I supposed has helped prevent any crashes and the need to replace any parts. (So far all I've done to it is replace the skids & boom with boomtown parts.) After flying it awhile, I noticed the bird developed a strange squeal. The kind of squeal a bearing would say "lubricate me!". So I lubed up the bird with some dry super lube. The squeal went away, but the bird began to yaw to the right. Over a course of several weeks, I adjusted the prop. trim to compensate for the yaw, and tried low and high gyro settings. Right now I have my prop. trim all the way to the left and the bird still yaws to the right. I have to constantly fly the tail. Then while flying the tail, the gyro tries to take over and sends the tail in the opposite direction fairly quickly. The bird has been like this since I lubed it.

In looking it over without disassembling it, I notice the upper rotor turns so much more smoothly and freely as compared to the lower rotor. I suspect the extra drag on the lower rotor is the reason I have my prop. adjusted the way it is. Both motor's gear mesh looks good, but I have not taken it apart to inspect any bearings or assembly anomalies.

I'm thinking here that I have a bearing / shaft issue, or the upper rotor motor is that much more powerful than the lower. I'm just going to take it slow and check / adjust / replace one item at a time, as well as memorize the solo wiki guide which I have.

I know the Extreme motors will probably make a difference and maybe an aluminum bearing holder as well. What I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge concerning the Cryo Hobby Cryo Drive parts for the CX2? Would a drive system such as the Cryo Drive be a better alternative?

DrS