RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***** New E Flite F16 400 DF (Thunderbird Scheme) *****
Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ***** New E Flite F16 400 DF (Thunderbird Scheme) *****

wtmcgehee

thanks for the initial comments on the performance. at the LHS today and had the Hobby Lobby (Famous) and the E Flite in hand checking them out. Looks like the HL is about 7 inches larger in the wingspan, and is just larger in general. It will be faster as it comes with the 4S right in the kit. I like the Thunderbird scheme a lot, but until they can look at a faster set up I think I am on the sidelines here. There are hop ups for the HL F16, and based on where the technology is (IMHO) you are going to get "faster" at the expense of flight time. I am not jazzed about a 4 minute flight time if I hopped up either and maybe I am not 100% on hopped up flight times so I would love to hear more from EDF flyers of either of these two F16s.

I just added a Turnigy 35-36c to my Mini Ultra Stick and I know for a fact I am flying faster than one of the standard set up EDFs. That is plenty of pucker coming out of that plane now to keep me from dumping cash on one of these. They sure look nice through

Thanks again for providing a write up for us fence sitters