RCU Forums - View Single Post - exasperated (@#$%) Jett .50 owner
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exasperated (@#$%) Jett .50 owner

Thanks so much for the prompt and excellent reply Bob. You have provided a lot of good information which I am printing for future reference. I removed the engine from the airframe and upon looking in the exhaust port found a liner that appears to be broken on the left side lookin in. At least it feels rough and irregular when felt with the tip of a small screwdriver. It also has a blackened look. The liner may have rotated as well. I wish I could draw a picture here. When looking through the port should one see a narrow vertical part of the liner right in the centre? I wouldn't think so! I have installed a VMAR .46pro in the f-20 for now and it is running ok. Am planning on flying with it tomorrow. I know the take-off run will be longer!! Anyway, I must have gotten the Jett too hot - wow is me (embarrassed too). I will pack it up and send it back to Dubb, who will likely fix it and send it back with some well chosen words. Should I send it back as I received it i.e. does he want the muffler as well?...........Thanks again for your help; much appreciated.

Terry (JT)