RCU Forums - View Single Post - this or that
Thread: this or that
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
jeepin4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this or that

Hi, thanks, I know what you mean about the axial not holding up, I've seen a few youtube videos where they were driven from different obstacles with a little speed and they rolled right over very easily. Thats why I was considering the wheely king, I know out of the box it wouldn't make a good crawler but it'd be a fun basher, and with the crawler conversion kit for it ( 50.00 ? ) it would be extended enough to not be so top heavy during bashing, and also a decent climber. I just do this stuff for fun, not competition so I thought that would be the way to go. As far as the traxxas summit, Uh heck yes I'd like to buy it, but it's a little pricey, and I don't like the fact of running two batteries, I think owning one would be a costly experience as far as batteries, maintenance etc.... And last about building one myself, HA, I mean i've built many of kits before but as far as building my own, I wouldn't know what parts to go with etc.. I have been away from RC hobby for over 10 years. I used to race every thursday in my hometown on an indoor carpet track. I ran monster truck class, my last vehichle i bought before I quit the hobby was the very first traxxas stampede, which replaced my sledghammer, and super blackfoot. That's how long it's been. and I sold off all my old Rc stuff about 8 years ago. So the losi crawler , and micros have been my first purchases in the last month, getting back into it. There is so much new to the hobby since i remember. Stuff like Lipo's , brushless, crawlers, etc.... none of that was around back when......... I own a real Jeep wrangler, and love to be offroad on trails or rocks, so I thought it was neat that RC is doing that stuff these days, But anyway, so yeah I am leaning towards the wheely king, because of the 4x4 and single motor, single battery operation. If I wasn't wanting 4x4, I'd buy a new stampede in a heartbeat, my old one took a heck of a beatin and never let me down. thanks for your input guys, i shoulda told you all this to begin with, I mean I'd love to peice together my own, but I don't have the smarts of todays products to know how. I love the look of the scale crawlers I see on youtube and magazines. That's a project I wouldn't mind doing someday. So for the wheely king, anyone here ever had a chance to run one? I know it's stupid short with stock wheel base, so the crawler kit would go in asap just to lengthen it out and make it more stable as a basher, and more aggressive on the rocks. thanks