RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vailley Tempest Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
spitmad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vailley Tempest Build Thread

G'day Dave

Give Paul a call to discuss , he is building up a data base of Airborne plans at the moment, not sure of pricing as he says he cannot possibly charge for all the time he spends on scanning in plans (40+ hours on the average 40 size model) , I have done a bit of a contra deal giving him the full Tempest plan set so he on sell later....not sure what the ribs will cost me but hell it sure beats cutting them by hand

I had no idea how much work was involved with scanning and then cleaning up the images in autocad and then scaling to the correct size before the laser cutting can start (that is the easy bit), very complex work to do correctly as the plans are scanned then all superflous lines and note etc removed. Each component is then redrawn entirely, checked for size and then arranged on a template for best fit to maximise the number of parts on each sheet of ply to minimise wast..........this is incredibily detailed and laborious work . Paul had just finished the giant scale Tucano at around 90" span from Airborne plans and the fuselage box and wing saddle fitted together and was incredile strong with no Gglue !!......His work it is brilliant.

cheers

Alan

Paul Rose

SPARC Laser
m: 0400 537 947
e: [email protected]
w: www.sparclaser.com.au