RCU Forums - View Single Post - exasperated (@#$%) Jett .50 owner
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
JT Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exasperated (@#$%) Jett .50 owner

Well, I made it to the flying field today expecting a good flight. The Jett started ok and would run at close to peak rpms while level on the bench. When held upright it would abrupty stop, even at 45 degrees upright. Richening the highspeed needle wouldn't help. Also tried adjusting the low/mid screw in and out from the starting point (screw even with the nut). I mentioned before that I had removed the main needle from the needle-valve assembly on at least one occassion. Would this have messed up something? One other thing, I noticed when I had loosened the head to realign the sleeve, the small part that the plug is screwed into moves independantly from the rest of the head. You had mentioned to realign the liner you would turn the plug with the plug wrench until liner is in correct position. This didn't work as the plug portion turned but the liner did not. So I did it through the exhaust port using a small scredriver tip. It's almost too cold to fly here now so I have plently of time to send it to Dub if I can't solve the issues here. Thanks for your patience Bob!

Terry (JT)