RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stihl 28cc
Thread: Stihl 28cc
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stihl 28cc

OK,first of all check both websites and see what RPMS those BHP numbers where compared to.If the fuji was spinning 8000,but the stihl was only spinning 6000,theres a difference.All i know is my stihl 28cc will spin an APC 17x8 at 7400-give or take 100 each way maybe for bad karma.This is a used engine i bought off e_bay,i didnt do anything to it but make a prop hub,install ign,and pitts muffler,WA200 2 needle walbro and run.I have no idea as how much compression it has or how it was run.I dont even remember looking in the exhaust port for scoring.It had compression,so i converted it.
Next,BHP is only good at the 1/4 mile track and on a dyno in my opinion.[Maybe at the tractor pulls].Quite a few dealers post all this info to make there engine look better than anyone elses.I personnaly dont look at any of it.Pick a plane with a decent weight and wing area and then an engine that should fly it great or overpower it a hair.
The stihls and echos are great power plants for the buck and come real close to some of the main frame suppliers.There are also the other homlites,poulans,huskys,redmax.To name a few.Theres a person here in this forum that runs most of his on gas/glow.He has some real screamers in his hanger.Check out[av8tors posts].Check out the thread,[dont forget echo]and [dont forget stihl].
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20452.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1059751