RCU Forums - View Single Post - cnc head
Thread: cnc head
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 AM
funflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cnc head

Do not let the the head intimidate you its not really that complicated. After you have to rebuilt it (yes rebuild, as they parts wear out and need periodic replacement) you will be more confident about tearing it apart during tv commericals and rebuilding it. Copter X is about 60$ however if your want a Esky cnc type you can buy a Esky counterfit off Ebay for about 35$ and it will be just fine after you loctite everything properly and will fly just fine. I have 3 of them (parts wear out and need to be replaced also blade strikes are not good for any head.. Several people that fly helis and are Trex owners have flown mine and told me that the were totally amazed at how tight and stable my heli is, even Zimatosa who is my #1 critic liked it
However you do not even need a full cnc head to make it more stable, just replace the washout arm assy with the belt cp one (it has ball bearings) and replace the swashplate with a cnc one. You will be amazed at just what a diff that makes. Along that line I know you already replaced your stock esky servos with some tower pro or equilivent 9g servos to tightin up the play in the cyclic didnt you, along with keeping an eye on the plastic links as they wear and induce play in the system.
Hope this helped you a little.