RCU Forums - View Single Post - Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads
Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Phantom 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Hello Mike Marks,
Long time no talk. Glad to see your still online. I have a problem, now. I ordered the USA addon disc from the German website, so I could download it immediately. As it were, it took almost 8 hours for one, that failed and again 10 hours (I'm on High speed DSL0 too, and as soon as it reached the last MB (almost 1 gig file size), Firefox shuts down (it is a VISTA thing to shut off Firefox after any downloads).
It save it in my downloads as afpd-addon-5.exe.part
I renamed it and took off the word part and began the installation. It installed and everything looked good, and it said it installed. So now, I cant start it. It starts and stops at the loading page and then shuts down, saying it cant continue to load and do I want Windows to check for an online solution.
So, I did a system restore, and it still wont work. I'm not sure if I got the whole file or not. I tried to respond to Ikarus in Germany but I have no Idea if they got it because their website is all in German. Any Ideas what I can do now?
Thanks kindly.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent back to them for your reference. I promote Aerofly all the time, as you can see from my vids.
Please help.

Dear sirs,
Having looked in my downloaded files, I see I have what is called afpd-addon5.exe.part

I changed the extension to say .exe, and ran it.

It installed, so it said. But when I try to start Aerofly, it just says Windows Closed Aerofly and do I want to check for an online solution....which I did, to no avail.

As I stated below, I'm running Vista Home Premium on a 2.7 ghz Pentium.

PS, I have several videos on youtube about your product and recommend it all the time.

Please watch one and let me know what I need to do to get my simulator working again.

Here is a link to one of the Aerofly Videos, I made, called
" My Aerofly helicopter leans"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9j2bmGhNY

Thanks kindly,
Dave Herbert
http://www.youtube.com/nightflyyer