RCU Forums - View Single Post - phoenix models yak 54
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
million-air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: phoenix models yak 54

Marcopolt/Heffington-

Easiest to fly?...deffinatly the giles. The sukhoi is great but it can be tricky in slow flight and will snap on you if you dont notice the wing drop and speed up immediatly. It also lands hot but if you choose a flapperon mixing like I did then it slows down considerably and will even harrier lands itself in headwind with a big power plant . But then again this is not a begginer plane (maybe a second or third). I am using Magnum .70 on both of these beasts and it is fantastic (unlimited vertical and hover). The sukhoi also can do "things in smaller spaces." The giles just has a different airframe that flies similar to a cap or extra 330. Slow flight and nice easy landings just to name a few. They both fly as great as they look so I guess this is one of those blond/brunette decisions. As I mentioned above the problems have been solved on these newer models towerhobbies have been providing. Both my arf's came with dubro metal hinges and hardware just like the yak so quality is great. On a final note these planes dont fly as nice if you chose to use basic radio gear wihtout expo and computer features (A few people have found out the hard way on these other threads). I bought Futaba 4EXA for $150 which is a great setup for these planes.