RCU Forums - View Single Post - Modified My US60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 01:11 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modified My US60 ARF

Well I joined the "I had my first real crash club" this Memorial Day weekend. We had a guest day at our field. Great turn out about 50-60 pilots and close to 100 planes. I have been flying about a year and have been pretty lucky and have improved my skills, yet.......

So I get up the nerve in the morning to fly my 4*60 lost the engine on a go around. Gave it full throttle about 1 ft above the ground, it quit, and I pancaked on the runway. This one was not a problem. Except for flattening the landing gear and putting a hole in the leading edge it was fixable. Took care of the gear at the field and taped the LE could have tried it again, but I decided later to take up my ultra stick.

Well I modified my Ultra Stick 60 into a Ultra Stickss 60. Was doing rolls a little close to the ground, but not too low. Into one and into the second, losing a little altitude, but in general not too bad. My thumb was trained, but my brain stepped in the way. I exited the second roll upside down because I was concerned that the ground was coming up to fast to complete the roll. I pushed forward on my elavator (just what I was supposed to do) and then my brain got in the way and said "no you're pushing the wrong way." Well I wasn't and I should have just kept pushing forward, the plane would have recovered, I could have landed, and avoided the long walk into the wheat field next to ours.

Here is the result:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	82197_23289.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	48386