RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Mig-29 OVT with Single P-180
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Likai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Mig-29 OVT with Single P-180

ORIGINAL: heraldoboldrin

Li Kai

I didnĀ“t understand about the gyros.. can you explain how you use all the channel and where you conect the thrust vectoring and gyros??
With the p180 the mig can go up from hovering?? (because i read that Saba use 2 Titan in his mig)
Hello Heraldoboldrin:

I use a Futaba GYA-352 dual axis airplane gyro for pitch/roll controls of nozzles, that because this gyro can be set for delta wing type (taileron) plane. The up/down movement of nozzles are same as control surfaces of tailerons, so it is very easy to connect two output channels of GYA-352 to two up/down servos of two nozzles. About the yaw control of nozzles, I use a GY-401 heli gyro for this purpose.
All three axis input of nozzle gyros use independent Rx channels from control surfaces (taileron-L, taileron-R & rudder), this is meaning that you need six channels for all nozzles and control surfaces at least. And you still need three channels for gain setting of gyros and others channels for throttle, gear, brake, flap, nose steering. So, the total needed channels are 14 channels.

Best regards