RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Rivets Build!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/2a Rivets Build!

forsakenrider, Do you have the correct plans? The racer version had a bolt on wing with a balsa leading edge. I used the older single channel plans as an out line only and beefed her up for 1/2A racing.

Rog does have the last one I built. The first 1/2A Rivets racer flew many years ago with a Tee Dee .051,Glow Bee plug and 45% Nitro so I’m sure it will handle the Norvel. As I recall it even beat John Gibson’s delta in one race.

I used a 1/6 piano wire pushrod going up to the elevator. My plans show using a Goldberg aileron bellcrank at the tail connecting up to the elevator. This does work but I was trying to get it race ready and did not have the time to install the linkage.

My plans also show recessing the vertical tail into the 3/8 balsa ridge on the top of the fuselage about 3/16. The tail is glued on at zero incidence. This is done by positioning the fuselage on flat surface and use a level to insure the horizontal tail is also level. Very strong as I cart wheeled her several time with no issues.

Set up right she flies like on rails and is a ball to fly. Balance her about 4-1/2 inches from the TRAILING EDGE for starters and you will do fine.

Bob Harris