RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baby 260 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Han2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baby 260 Build Thread

ORIGINAL: rcmaster12

thanks for the responses, where would you buy a perry pump and how well does the powerbox muffler(mounted as a pitts style) work?
I simply used the Perry Oscillating Pump ordered from Tower Hobbies, it simply bolts to the back of the crankcase cover (with two longer bolts) and works like a dream. You also don't need to tap the crankcase as it is totally an inline oscillating driven pump. Since I've installed it I have never to date had a reliablity issue, the thing is awesome and only costs $30.

As for the powerbox muffler I bought my 1.20 AX without the muffler and ordered a pitts style Bisson muffler with the engine instead right from the get go. Knowing the baby extra I'm sure the powerbox muffler could be fitted within the cowl (worst case with an extention), but I couldn't comment on the powerboxes performance over the Bisson.

In a nut shell, this setup is incredibly simple, incredibly powerful, and incredibly reliable. Since installing the pump I have countless flights on the airframe having put the plane through some incredible high G manuevers with total reliability and awesome performance.

One of the best Wild Hares yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97267.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1071072