RCU Forums - View Single Post - Baby 260 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Han2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baby 260 Build Thread

Nothing against the regulating pump (I used one on an O.S. 1.60 FX and it works great), however I can personally vouch that the O.S. 1.20 AX oscillates more then enough to vibrate the simpler oscillating Perry pump plus you don't have to tap the crankcase then either. In my baby extra I have a 20oz fuel cell mounted back on the planes CG, around 8 to 10 inches behind the engine and I was pulling enough G's to deprive the engine of fuel stalling it. After simply installing the inline oscillating Perry pump I had very consistant/constant fuel pressure and to date my 1.20 has never stalled. I even put the plane through some even higher diliberate G forces after the installation to put my own mind at ease that the set up was reliable.

A couple of side notes though, I do use Great Plains plastic engine mount for 1.20 size engines which is a little longer and probably does afford the engine to "oscillate" a little more the an aluminium one would. As for the pump it is hard to find longer screws that will work for the crankcase to mount the pump, but I just used longer bolts with two nuts on each, screw the bolts in tight, tighten the first nut down onto the crankcase cover, the second nut down onto the pump flange. Simple enough fix.

Just my two cents.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28317.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1071128