RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4th gen A-10 by Mibo jets
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:43 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: 4th gen A-10 by Mibo jets

ORIGINAL: ilmiglia

Ciao, what you think about the Bob Violet U.A.T. system on the fuel system? do you mount one? today we lost a Mibo A10 due to an engine flame out during a go around and in the last month people experience 6 flame out (jet cat, simjet, pst and graupner) and lost 2 jets. All using UAT system. Michael Wurz (the ostrian guy who develop the 4° gen) do not use any. Fuel tank directly to the Jet cat P 70 anbd never had any problems. What is your general experience ?
My english is crap but I think you understand what I'm saying.

grazie
enrico
Enrico,

There have been many discussions on the merits/faults of the BV UAT and similar products. Most guys seem to be in favor of them, some don't. However, I don't think there is anything in particular about the MIBO A-10 that makes it more or less suitable for UAT's. I've got the BV UAT's in mine with P-120's and they work just fine.

On the other hand, the long fuel runs in the A-10 do require that the system be properly sized, plumbed & vented to ensure you don't build up too much positive pressure during fueling or negative pressure when operating at high power settings. I had to increase the size of my vent fittings and lines to avoid that problem.

If you are using twin JetCat turbines you might want to take a look at this thread (post #12):
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7893138/tm.htm

Turns out there are some precautions you need to take with a twin engine installation.

Craig