RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warning: .26 = DO not buy!!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 03:27 AM
ridethelightnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: .26 = POS DO not buy!!

this sounds to me like the idle screw is not turned up enough.
Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that. After turning up the idle screw actually seemed to make matters worse by causing the engine to surge (rev up and down). IT was acting like it had a massive air leak but I was very careful to seal everything up and I took the engine apart again and inspected the o-rings just to be sure I didn't nick one when I installed the carb.

Anways, to those who think that I may just have a lemon well that's possible. But I have talked to others at the track I go to and once they found out what engine I was running, as I was sputtering down the track, they told me of similiar horror stories.

Maybe there is some design flaw or manufacturing flaw in these engines that some are good but most are bad. I hope others that have had similiar problems (good and bad) add their comments.

My purpose for starting this thread was not intended to trash talk this engine but to inform others of the problems that I have had and alos the problems that others have had as well. The more I look into this matter the more unhappy customers I have run across.

littlepiston

I was like you when I bought my motor, I was warned but I didn't listen. I hope you have better luck than I did.