RCU Forums - View Single Post - Old School Q500 building
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
diggs_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old School Q500 building

I don't know that I would agree totally.. It's true that some of the higher end racers aren't cheap but you have to look at the time and effort (ie. money) that went into the design.. I've been working on my current quickie design for over a year and have maybe 3 planes to show for it and shortly another set of molds.. I'm not complaining just stating a fact.. If you look at some of the top models around and look at how many changes have been made and the cost of those changes you start to understand the price.. I know what's involved material wise in designing and molding a quickie and I can tell you that a guy would have to sell a pile of them to break even in most cases.. I can almost be you know one is making it rich selling quickies to the "masses"..

Sure, for $50 in wood and foam you can design and build a quickie, it might even be a winner but when you catch some bad air around #3 and pile it up you have to start all over and it may not be quite what you had the first time.. What I'm getting at is that when you buy a Vortex, Neme-Q+, Shotgun, whatever, you're going to get the same thing 99% of the time and that's a great flying quickie..

Just my .02 worth..