RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAPAC Saab JAS-39 Are finally In
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
anthodenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAPAC Saab JAS-39 Are finally In

Gord, It flys very stable. Flyers call this a no stress plane....and me too! Here's my experience from ....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...829331&page=78 and here is where someone flying..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829331

This past Sunday I had my 2nd flight with my Gripen and I have to say that I really like the way this plane flies. For me, it flies different I think because of it's size. Although this jet is a floater and all, it still has it's unique characteristics about the way it flies.
Anyway,about the flight report, my brother (a Ornithopter guy) like before is the hand launch guy for me. I would hand launch myself but it's too big for my comfort level and experience on it, at least for now, although Tumbler said it's easy to hand launch. Well, needless to say we was (like the first flight) both nervous. I know, I should have been the one nervous with hands a shaking. And I was! So with the first attempt I started with full throttle and my brother with a little run in his step threw the plane but the plane's rt wing missile rack clipped his head and broke off in two pieces along with one wing tank armament that I had underneath the wing. But I was fortunate enough to save the plane and landed on it's belly. Needless to say he was so sorry and wanted to give his first born child. But instead I took off the other wing missile rack to make it look even. The 2nd attempt went well. And the plane climed effortlessly in the sky. I leveled out at about 400 or 500 ft and then started circling it around us in the sky. Then I climed some more wanting to see how it would do in powerless flight so I cut the motor and watch it glide and float back down to earth....beautiful. Then I wanted to see how fast it can go and pushed the throttle up and did a high speed past. It wanted to speed up but due to the time of day the sun was again going down quickly so I didn't bother because it was getting small quick when I punch it and when its far away during that time of day, I can get disoriented. Well coming around the canopy flew off but my brother saw it and went to go get it while i had it come around to us for an beautiful approach when he uttered...Ooooo!...Wooooow! as the plane just slow glided in just about at his feet. And so, that is my saga of the great experience with my Sapac Gripen.
I wish you guys the best with your Gripens.
-Anthony