RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Giorno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em

ORIGINAL: HeliYogi

It looks like you spend good time racing that car, I am just building mine and will have the same body as yours, I'm painting it like Scott Dixon-Target. Let me know how to resolve the holes on the diffuser, because after reading your post and seeing your car I order one (the carbon look a like)

Run well!
HeliYogi
Hey, that's really great. It's a fun car, and like all F1's, takes a quite a bit more finesse to handle than your typical 4wd touring car, which is why they're much more enjoyable, imo.

Yeah, once the lexan has been cut out, you should be able to easily determine a proper mounting position to the t-plate - just make sure the spur doesn't contact the diffuser. I used a body reamer to drill the holes. However, that's the easy part. The diffuser didn't mount in a perfectly centered position relative to the chassis, so the left part of the diffuser was touching the left rear wheel. In the picture above, you can see that I made a smooth contoured section in the diffuser to allow space for the rear wheel. I achieved this using a dremel, which was also necessary for smoothing out the round section of the diffuser. So, I'd highly recommend using a dremel if you have one, to make these modifications - not sure it would be possile, otherwise. Good luck!