RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warning FMA website - credit card numbers stolen?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
rwithey
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warning FMA website - credit card numbers stolen?

Me too - I started getting charges the second week of November on a card I used on the FMA web site. That card hasn't been used since September and was used on the FMA web site in July. Since the FMA order the card was only used 4 times in local stores by myself. My first hint I had a problem was when I started getting phone calls on my cell phone asking about the Porshe I was selling on autotrader.com. I have never had a Porsche! The person placing the add obviously had my cell phone number. Looking at my statements for the card - FMA was the ONLY online order AND I used my cell phone number as my contact number when ordering! I am now 100% certain my information was taken from the FMA order. The confusing part - the theives don't seem to be gaining anything -
They placed an add to sell a car using my phone number - how did they expect to get any money?
They signed me up for computergenious.com trial educational CDROM - but it shipped to me, I received it. If I don't cancel I get billed another $80 - they did not get anything.
I also had a $10 charger to Blockbuster.com and a charge to Napster that I never saw. My card company told me of them when closing the account.

So - DEFINATELY contact your credit card company of you ordered from FMA at all. Like I said my order was in July - but false charges did not start until October.
BTW - I am always very carefull when I order online - I NEVER had a problem like this before and I spend many many hundreds online each year.

SO IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!