RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Stampede or Losi High Roller??
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
deanR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede or Losi High Roller??

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: deanR

I have seen the high roller in real life, they just got a shipment in at the lhs. I would rather have my pede vxl. The motor is mounted on top of the transmission, the tires are kinda narrow, but are nice. but the shocks are weird, the ones on the pede are smoother. it uses a cheap motor and esc too. it just feels more fragile then a stampede. I would take the stampede, much more upgrades too since its been around longer.
I have also seen them perform. Putting the motor at the top will make it a wheelie machine. So you are saying that Traxxas plastic shocks are better than Losi aluminum threaded body shocks? I have felt the shocks and IMO the Highroller shocks were smoother. And the Titan 12T isnt a cheap motor 9you can get a motor like the Titan for $5) and the XL-5 only handles 540 mtoors down to 15 turns, the Losi handles motors up to 12 turns. The HIGHroller is actually very strong. There was some big jumps people were taking it off and it didnt break and no problems.

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I'd get the pede as well. The Losi 2wd off road transmission STILL has trouble with high power motors.
The gear diff on the highroller is pretty durable. Losi's gear diff as seen on the DT and 1/10 Slider have held up to Sidewinder 4600/3s lipo. I dont know why you are saying STILL is having problems as the DT has only been out a couple months.
Maybe I should re-phrase that. Its not the stocks that arent smooth, they are. I was looking at it again today at the lhs. it is the way the suspension is set up that just felt weird to me. It seems like an ok truck, but they are a little late on making a truck that is competing with the stampede.