RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cap 232 a good beginner low wing?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cap 232 a good beginner low wing?

For the past 2 years while building my P-47, I have used and abused my Tiger by making the thing deliberately somewhat nose heavy to get used to landing a warbird. It flies very decently, but lands fast due to the weight forward. I have the throws nearly maxed out on the ailerons, and have been using the exponential to get the smooth input I have been looking for. As I adjusted the elevator throw more and more, I got to the point where it started doing funny things if I forced full up elevator at speed. I increased the rudder some, and have been using that and a lot of throttle to figure out how to knife edge flight. What I am trying to get at, is that there is more to many of these models than just flying them around, you can experiment with the flight controls and see what works, or like I did, just started making the thing nose heavy, and practice take offs and landings. I built mine as a taildragger from the start, so I got a lot of experience in ground handling. Hope you figure out what you are looking for.