Thread: Paramour
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
JFisher304
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Paramour

ORIGINAL: digital_trucker

I've nailed down the fuse and fin contours. I've decided the best way to build it (since I want the fin to fair nicely into the fuse) is to build the fuse and fin as a single unit. All that's really left to do is work out the framework of the fuse and fin. I still can't help but wonder if really lightweight glass might not be a better way to go. As I look at this further, I begin to think 1/2A won't pull it well enough...but after all this work I'm going to leave the size as-is and power it however I need to. It definitely needs a canopy, I'm thinking a drastically trimmed-down bubble canopy would look good. I'm also turning ideas over in my mind for a sexery landing gear that won't detract from the look of the thing...it's too pretty to let it belly-flop.

*sigh* It won't fly a durn bit better than a Skydrill or SureShark though [&o]

Very good looking design! If I were building it, I would go with retracts. If you go fixed, then I say put it on floats like a Schneider Trophy racer.. As for the canopy, what about a turtle deck style canopy? That way you could extend the line of the canopy, and make it a long curve like the rest of the aircraft? Do you have any plans to sell plans to the rest of us?