RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help Me Pick
Thread: Help Me Pick
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM
DettaDude
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help Me Pick

No bubble here, just like to base my comparisons on reality instead of wild speculation and inuendo.

So you compared a box stock Vendetta ST to a box stock RC18T, so let's compare: DTX comes stock with a 800mAh battery while the AE comes with an 1100 (a whopping 25% increase that can only result in a 25% increase in runtime and NOT a 400%, but the only factory option batteries for the AE start at 40 bucks a pack, while the DTX offers 1200 and 1400 packs for less than 30), neither platform is known for it's outstanding basic electronics (just like with ANY RTR, they're all crap), no such a thing as ANY car that goes faster in reverse than forward except by operator error (total BS), both vehicles come box stock with plastic outdrives and dogbones (no benefit either way, claiming otherwise is BS), seems in the greater scheme of bashing and crashing a 1-years parts replacement warranty isn't a bad idea (should at the very least keep someone in spare parts)............ every RTR out there NEEDS upgrading, not a bad thing, but surely nothing offered in the box by Associated or anyone else.

If you were actually giving good advice you would say that the vehicles "out of the box" were quite comperable in performance as well as the potential need for upgrading. All I saw was an unadulterated bash-fest at the Vendetta's expense while boasting totally out of perspective the advantages of the 18T which there really are none and not a single "shortfall".