RCU Forums - View Single Post - how long till solo after landing?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 07:51 AM
vtol_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long till solo after landing?

i've been training since march 2002. Unfortunatly i wasnt at a particular newbie-friendly club. Nevertheless they still trained me i got 2 flights every time i went approx. 7 minutes control myself and i could only get down once every fortnight. For some reason, they refused to fly me if the wind was quite breezy even though people with trainers who had gone solo were.

anyways after i joined a new club (feb 2003) i have been making rapid progress, i sometimes can get down once a week now, this is mainly cos my mother works every other weekend and i see my dad on sundays.

The things that i can, and have done before are, loops, stall turns, severel low passes, quite a few 'dummy' approaches and flying around normally.

I have taken off (hand launched) and solo'd with an electric model before but in my opinion (and how i felt) this is so much easier than bigger I.C models. The landings i had with this electric model (graupner terry) were always very successful and very good but i wasnt really happy with it being so easy if you know what i mean so i chaned to I.C models again