RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Also, I don't believe that the sales of a few king motors cars has any impact whatsoever on China's invasion plans for the West, or their overall economy. I mean, 1/5th scale is a niche market in any region. Seriously, lets not get carried away here. If they start cloning patriot missiles (which I'm sure they do), let me know.
Well, you bring up teh West has money, but that money is quickly going the China. Thw West is quickly losing that money. You say we can spread taht money? We have, and not only that, we have handed them our jobs too, even in the RC business. Losi was greatly affecetd by teh Chinese RC making practices infringing on their busines, Gil Losi even said that. As a matter of fact, Losi has resorted to shipping alot of their manufactuing to China because labor, manufacturing, and so forth because it is so much cheaper their. Gil didnt like this, so much to teh point, he left Losi.

Also, look at teh economy, The Western onsumer has been losing jobs to China for more than a decade, and it is starting to hit the prime Wertern consumers: US consumers. The world globalizing too quickly because of jobs going to china has stripped many US cunsumers of the one power they had in teh economy: the power to consume because his jobs aer going away. Yes, he gets a new job, but at reduced pay. Less money for him to spend and support the economy.

Dale is only expressing what many Western consumers are angry about. Over-globalization an far east economies that are protectionist and play unfairly. The chinese economy has taken steps such as manipulating their monetary values to make labor and services cheaper where they are at so that they sap jobs and manufacturing form teh Westrn consumers. Yes their are other factors, such mas fear, fuel prices, and resulting inflation. But fuel price and inflation can be directly blmed on over-globalizations and far East economies not playing fairly. The fear is not a cause of economic failure, but it has made it alot worse. Cloning is just one of these unfair practices. Western economies are almost 100% open while alot of these far-East economiesa are too protectionist.

Result? Western Consumers are buying less because they have less to spend. They ae getting scared so they buy even less and the economy suffers even more. The chinese economy will feel the hurt because alot of their products will not be bought because of the West spending less and of fear.

Now, I am not telling you what to do, an you aer entitled to your opinion 100%, all I am saying is I strongly do not agree that the West should share its welth any much mroe with these unfair far-East economies. Clones are only one aspect. Their money value fixing practices, their attitide of "We will import you jobs, but we will import very little of your porducts," and other issues that I will not go into are what many of us are angry about. You may feel that clones and such practices, be it in the RC industry or any other industry, do ot hurt the RC market or the economy, but I strongly believe it does. I am not telling you waht to believe, just telling you why I, and Dale think this way. We are angry. Not at you, but at teh unfair far-East economic practices. And seeing clones in the RC world, or any other industry (it could be TV's and cars, or whatever), I see an illegal clone or questionable clone anywhere, it angers me.
Sorry for late reply, never saw this post. Who said anything about sharing wealth though?? I said it made no impact, nothing about sharing.