RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4 stroke t-maxx project
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 stroke t-maxx project

How does "speed" tie in with RPM's? It all depends on the final gear ratio, if gonzo compensates with a very small spur, the ratio will come out just right and these engines have more than enough torque to pull the higher ratio. If geared properly, it is expected that the performance should be similar to a TRX 3.3, maybe with a bit more power. Plus, airplane engines are accustomed to running at WOT through 90% of their running time... Why are you guys saying this will eat spurs? Its going to have less power than a BB .28, and regular plastics can handle that power fine if set properly.

Gonzo, you have to dish out the details on the clutch man. I'm doing my own 4-stroke on road project with a Saito 56, please dish the info[8D]. It looks like you are running a regular car setup, I was told to look for heli clutches (which look friggin bizarre), the shaft size on these engines is bigger than the 2-strokes. Also, how did you attach the clutch bell at the end of the crank? Its completely threaded if I'm not mistaken.

As JB stated, cooling will be a huge issue. Your best bet is if you could make a bracket to mount a fan propelled by the flywheel. Other than that, there are electric fans and water cooling, but I'm sure you are way ahead of me on this.

Very nice build man, and the end result is very factory looking[sm=thumbup.gif],

Tom.