RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite AT6 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite AT6 ARF

To you and the rest of the guys, I have read a couple of reviews where the reviewer used a product called Epo-Grip to join the wing halves together. Well being of a curious nature I started looking around for something that was eaiser to obtain and perhaps cheaper. I found that Sig makes a product called Epoxolite that is normally used for fillets. So on a chance I bought some and did a couple of tests where I glued flat pieces of wood together and a faux D tube with joiner. After drying the flat pieces broke under duress but the glue joint held. I could not pull the joiner out of the tube. Work time is fifteen minutes but if you have done your pre fitting that would be sufficient. Also if some of the material oozes out, you just wet you finger and it rubs off. Be sure do do that prior to it setting up. The product is viscous and spreads like peanut butter so it doesn't slop all over when putting the pieces together.

Hope this helps.
Epoxolite really isn't for joints like joining wing panels together. It's thick nature doesn't allow it to soak into the wood like a slow-cure epoxy. Epoxolite is for making fillets and such.

FB