RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wife needs help with hubbies Gift
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:04 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wife needs help with hubbies Gift

Don't be sorry for buying the BiPe... your husband is going to love it! Just like the Top Flite P40 Warhawk kit my wife bought me for christmas. Keep the BiPe, it will give him something to shoot for and set a goal. If he decides he wants to join a club, by all means, he should. Definately think about buying him something like the Super Cub to start, it's cheap, will teach him fundamentals, get him over the awkward nervousness of flying the first time. The first time I flew mine I told myself "Well, I was glad to have you while I did, but I don't expect you to return". To my surprise, it was EXTREMELY easy to fly. The Super Cub also has a system called ACT, which stands for Anti Crash Technology. Two sensors in the plane...bottom one looks at the ground, top one, at the sky. Should your husband put the plane at an awkward angle where he may crash, the plane will cut the engine off and use the elevator to level itself out. Once leveled out, the motor regains power. Keep in mind he needs to fly "a few mistakes high" for this system to be effective (if he's 10 feet off the ground it's not going to help). But it does work. I know because I taught my wife to fly it. As soon as she touched the sticks she put it in a straight down nose dive, the plane recovered itself. While he's learning to fly, he can also research how he wants to finish his BiPe out. We can never have too many planes.