RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ski Flying
Thread: Ski Flying
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ski Flying

OK,
So I bought a set of skis for my Nexstar on Thursday and wanted to try them out. I got the MaidenMp skis for the trike. They are all aluminum and very sturdy. I went out to the local lake and tried my best to avoid overflying any of the local ice fishermen. I managed to get the engine started and warmed up, tuned. I taxiid out and forgot my ground check, so I taxiid back and did a quick visual of the surfaces. I taxiid out and began the takeoff roll. Holy Smokes it is so smooth. We have been getting a few clippers here in the last days and the ice is nice and smooth underneath, but I had no idea how smooth the takeoff and landings would go so nicely. I haven't been in this hobby too long, but I have now flown off of water and ice and I gotta say, I love them both. Now I just need that RCMitt to keep the hands warm and some more clearer days so I don't get disoriented on the final leg of landing (scary).

Also, does anyone know of any official or unofficial ski flies in the TC in this winter? If not, I would like to hold an unofficial one sometime in Jan, maybe on some weedy bay of a large lake so we can avoid flying over ice fishermen and such.
All the best,
Curtis