RCU Forums - View Single Post - starmax f5 e from hobby lobby
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: starmax f5 e from hobby lobby

i bought the HL A7 corsair and was disappointed. the first battery pack went bad on the 2nd charge. they sent me a new battery. several seconds into the first flight on the new battery the motor started surging bad and quit and the model stalled hitting on its nose. after messing with it on the workbench i found in small letters on the 45 amp esc that it was for 2-3 lipo's. the battery that comes with the A7 is a 2200mah 4s 14.8 volt. i have been contacting HL about this and they claim its a one in several hundred rare motor problem but would not give a answer about the esc. after some curious web browsing i found the company in china that distributes these models. i found on their website some of HL'S edf jets and the70mm fan unit. i blew up the picture and without question its the excat fan unit that comes the A7 . its spec's show its a 11.4 volt motor. after patching up the nose i managed to get one 4 minute flight out of it (it did fly very good) before it started surging again so i shut it down.. a buddy of mine has the F5 mentioned above. he also had problems because its the same 70mm power package that comes with A7. he just replaced everything in it. anyway HL told me i could return if i was not happy with it but all they want to do is send me another one....which feel i'm going to have the same problem