RCU Forums - View Single Post - Power Expander or not -that's the question
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Expander or not -that's the question

ORIGINAL: Hammbone

Think of it like water going through pipes. If you have 4" diameter pipe running 30', but have one small section that is reduced down to 1/2" diameter, you are only going to get as much water as will flow through the 1/2" pipe out the other end. If you had 4" pipe the whole way, you'd get much more water through the pipes. Putting in a section of 6" pipe will not improve your flow if you still have the section of 1/2" pipe inline somewhere.

Jim
BINGO! [sm=thumbup.gif] There you go. That's one of the best analogies I've heard yet of trying to explain what's going on with our power systems. I've raised hogs for 25 years, and I know how much water and how much sh** will go thru a pipe. Block it up some where, and you've got problems! [:@][:@] LOL

That's exactly why I'm replacing the Y's and plugging everything into the power expander. One bottle neck anywhere in the system, and the whole thing is compromised. Will my plane fly better? I don't know, that's why I'm doing this.

Jim,

I really couldn't tell any difference when I added the second battery, and my mAh per flight stayed about the same.