RCU Forums - View Single Post - Power Expander or not -that's the question
Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 PM
houdinimkii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Expander or not -that's the question

Quote:Hammbone "I don't know where you got that info, but it's wrong.
It says right on the Smart Fly website that the voltage you put in is the voltage you get out.

I just checked one of my planes. The voltage direct from the battery was 6.6. I turned the Power Expander on and checked the voltage at one of the servo ports............ 6.6.
"
I took my spare JR R1222 rx out of the box and plugged a battery into it. Battery voltage was 6.6, voltage at one of the servo ports on the rx was 6.6."

Diodes are silcone based electrical "gates" Only allowing CURRENT to flow in one direction, wich can be set up in various ways to get a two way(or more) "shuttle vavle" Meaning it will only allow flow from a higher source. I dont have a PE yet to check this out but , Try this. When testing the Drop before and after the PE be sure to dynamically test them. Your readings will only be acurate if a load is placed on the circuit. Some drop is normal and expected however this reading is what should be compared to one not going through a PE. Static voltages will always be source voltage now matter how much impedance. The circuit must be operating in the manner at wich it is operated normally.