RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
RayEMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

I love this forum! Well, I have thrown my hat in the ring to build my first RC (have built control line and free flight). I chose this kit due to pretty good reviews, plus the fact that there are not a lot of kits out there anymore. As soon as I can dump my digital camera, I will have some photos of progress so far. I have built the tail feathers and have learned, as many of you have, to read the book 12 times, then read it again before bonding. Learned how many more tools that I will need (or, is it just an excuse). I plan on trying for scale, including retracts and functioning doors (both inner and tail). I plan to install the RCV90-SP or the 120SP. I think the Century Jet retract set looks very nice. For door sequencing, I plan on using the UP-2 control valve from Ultra Precision. Looks like a lot of people are glassing the wings and fuse. I am open to your suggestions as to what would be best. I have very little experience at working with fiberglass, but I have worked some on real aircraft.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the pictures and tips. Please keep them coming. I will be a regular here throughout my build.