RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ali in Kuwait
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ali in Kuwait

Hi guys.
Just thought I would drop you a line and say hello from warm and sunny Kuwait! I am here for a few days. A great customer of mine who has purchased quite a few of my display models has flown me out here to do some demo flying, set up some of the models and give some tuition.
Its my first time to Kuwait, and its a pretty amazing place. I haven't seen to much of the city as yet ( But that comes later ) I flew in on a red eye yesterday and after a quick refresh at the hotel I figured it would be better to get out to the field instead of letting jet lag take its toll.
At the field I was amazed how pro active and keen these guys are. Wow I thought I loved the hobby! These guys here live and breath RC flying. Jets especially it seems.
We got there quite late ( 2 pm ) but I dont think I have ever flown so much in one day. It was great, I am in heaven.
Not only have they made an amazing flying facility here, but they also have one of, if not thee best collection of models I have seen anywhere, and what made it better was that they were all there to fly, ready to fly and flown they were.
I have been to organized jet meeting that have not had as many great models there! Yesterday was only half a day so we only got to fly...
Boomerang Intro P-60
Comp-Arf Eurosport P-160
Comp Arf Tucano Wren
Skygate Viper Jet P-160
Skygate Hawk P-180 or 200 I forget
Jet Welt Strike master P-160
Comp-Arf 3.1m Super Extra Karona 180
Comp-Arf Extra 260 Da 150

All were flown a number of times. I lost count but recollecting it, I had at least 15-20 flights, which in approx 4 hours was quite some doing.
The temperature started dropping around 5 pm and it was time to go back tot he workshop and sort food out. if the flying field was impressive as far as planes go, I was in for a real shock when I walked in the workshop..... Well its hard to call it a workshop as its bigger than allot of houses I have been in!
I was like a kid locked in a Toys R us after the doors had been locked.
I will try to get some photos up on line shortly and update when I can. Gotta go now. Apparently today we are going to fly all the models we missed out on yesterday.
god....... I love my job
Regards Al