RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control throws and dual rates
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Control throws and dual rates

Story time and I will do it with A straight face. OK, maybe not but A true story. Last year I built a wonderful CG Extra for A friend as a gift. He sent me all his stuff and I built and set up the plane with a nice new 1.40 YS, an outstanding combo I mite add. I set it all up in my radio, a Futaba 9-C and my friend had the same radio. I use a lot of expo in all my planes, he is a racer and doesn't use it at all. I set both radios up exactly the same, his and mine. I did the maiden, surprise, two beeps of left aileron trim and it was perfect!! {that has been happening a lot lately, maybe I'm getting this stuff down now?} I flew the heck out of the plane and loved it. I took it up again with his radio, two beeps of left and it was right on the money. Problem was it was twitchy!! He then took it up and was all over the sky!!! Way too twitchy for him. All he did was hit the low rates and it was perfect for him. A stunt plane without expo for me is just wrong, for him it was A big problem but it was cured just by going to low rates. They do come in handy. On A trainer it's A must do thing. When flying my own planes I have way too much elevator for doing some stunts but I know what the sticks do so no big deal but when I want to smooth out and do some IMAC stunts and be very smooth I really have to go to low rates or I can over control just by dumb thumbing. Most the time I never use rates but they are there when I want or need them. I don't use them A lot but I know they are there!
Dang, that was a windy story!! Hope I made a point. I even tried to use all small A's.