RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
fallingleaf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: So-Low

This is my take on the Goldberg Ultimate 10 300 kit. I have built several kits from GP, Sig, and a TF Corsair. Anyone who hase skinned a Corsair wing can feel my pain, but enough on that. This Kit is by far the worst I have ever laid upon my build table. From the shabby wood that looked like a tiger had scratched at it, all the way to the plans that didnt line up due to who poor paper. I never spent so much time remaking parts for a kit then this on.

The way this plane is held together, from the lower wing mounts all the way to struts is a poor design if I ever seen one. I did get this bundle of twigs glued up and I hope it fly's better then its design. This is one plane that I will fly like I stole it. Maybe I just got a bad kit, but I wont buy another Goldberg to find out.

Good luck with all of yours.
Yeah it certainly ain't what I would call 'The Best Kit on the Market'. Having said that, I seem to have built myself what appears to be a strong yet light weight and very pollished looking plane (in my humble opinion!) with very little aftermarket modification required. Infact I would go so far to say that half the fun of building this kit was exploring the multitude of ways open to me to improve strength and overall design. Whether it be be the linkages,wheels,U/C, fiberglass wing centres etc. I like the fact that it leaves the build 'open to interpretation' if you will, and challenges your building abilities.

But thats just my feeling. I certainly agree though that the 'out of the box' quality of the kit could be better. I am sure someone like great planes could do an AWESOME ultimate of this size in kit form.