RCU Forums - View Single Post - VOLCANOS FOR XMAS, WHAT SPARES DO I NEED?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Foofer04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VOLCANOS FOR XMAS, WHAT SPARES DO I NEED?

When you say hex nuts, Are yuo talking about the Nylon nut that holds the wheel on or the Hex that goes into the Wheel from the axle?

As far as aluminum, I was told that getting the drive cups aluminum was sufficient, they said that if you go with aluminum Arms that instead of them breaking that something else would bend or break that is much more expensive than a 2.00 arm.

I was actually glad to hear that recommendation from a dealer, since it would have been in his pocket's best interest to say yes by the 100.00 aluminum hop up kit.

I am going to try and stay plastic as much as I can to keep the weight down.

I really like the idea of the Wheel extensions. They bolt right on and replace the stock one. I am going to buy the 1 1/2 " ones so that I have a 3" wider stance.

Also I am going to replace the Stock crappy air filter with a 45* angle Motor saver Air filter.

I also put some foam bushings I had laying around in the front end of my wifes where the dog bones go into the front diff. to snug them up some.

Just waiting for the roto start to show up in the mail so I can do an addition 2 or 3 tank fulls of 1/2 throttle break in. I am not satisfied with the break end they recommend, just doesn't seem like enough and since I have until May to get both trucks ready and I havent ordered mine yet, I figure might as well do it right.

Thanks for the tips,

I do have a question,

Do you know how to tighten the slipper clutch up on these? It seems I can identify 2 different ones. 1 on the Drive shafts, and the clutch bell of course. Looking for a way to loosed it up slightly so that the gears have less chance of striping when landing a jump under power.

The one on my steps son's Rustler is very easy to see and adjust and I see nothing remotely close to that on her Volcano.