RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Snowmobile Polaris Fusion 900 Build Thread
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 PM
ridgewalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Snowmobile Polaris Fusion 900 Build Thread

Well i finished the track skid.I used some roller wheels that are for sliding glass doors as my small bogie wheels.I also used two of them on the inside of the rails to keep the track centered.I used a hpi rs 4 front arm for the rear swing arm and i used a stampede front aluminum arm.The shock is a front short stampede shock and it is attached in the center of the rear upper track wheel axle.The shock mounts to the front swing arm in the stock holes in the arm.I have a steel wire for the front arm to pivot on and i used some pinion's as locking collers to keep the front arm centered.The stock red and black bogie wheels have 5x11 bearings in them every thing is spinning on bearings except for the drive axle it's stiil useing the plastic bushings.I plan to change them to a bearing but i'm not sure if i'm going to build a tranny or use a belt drive,any sugestions would be very helpfull.

I am running a traxxas X L 5 esc and a peak racing 15x2 motor with a 18t pinion and a 6 cell ib 4200 bat pack.
It was 8*f out last night and i ran it for about 8 min.It is faster than stock,fast enough to get the rear end fish tailing probably about 15 mph and fast enough to drive in 5'' of snow and stay on top but barely.So i checked the motor and it was very hot and the esc was not.The motor pinion has to go around 9 times to make the main track gear go around once and then the main gear has to go around 3.5 times to have the track make one full revolution.SO i'm thinking the motor is over reving but id did really sound like it was working hard .I did'nt have my temp guage but i could smell the brushes i came close to smoking it.
So what is a motor that will be strong enough to over come all the drag , i'm not sure what i should be looking for as far as a gear ratio from the motor to the track gear, i could use some help.I have a 550 12t ,550 24t,540 13t,540 15tand a cobalt 27t.i also have a novak hv super duty esc and manny good nimh bat's.I need to try and work with what i have any sugestions?

Enjoy the pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24793.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1093578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14579.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1093579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68908.jpg
Views:	204