RCU Forums - View Single Post - My baja5b DDM pipe mod .Now Completed
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 04:15 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My baja5b DDM pipe mod .Now Completed

well here it is , at first i was sceptical if this was going to perform at all but the good news is that it performs unbeliveable well it performs a zillion times better than the massive TGN pipe that i was using on it . the bacpressure is very tight, the take off launches are like a drag car it wants to bunny hop and pop wheelies in straight lines lol , the straight line top end speed is extremely fast tight and consistant , if it had a 2 speed it would be an absolute ripper cos once this thing hits maximum speed it feels like it just wants to keep on going it just keeps pulling very hard . the sound is pretty good too its not too loud , if i had to describe its loudness then if you have heard what the DDM rear pipe is like then its a little quieter than that .this pipe now has like a kinda deep growly sound and the topend speed sound is very good , the exhaust sound in its tone is very consistant the note doesnt break up at high speed at all .

i also ported the exhaust inlet where you bolt it to the head cos it had a lip so now thats out of the way

one problem is that the exhaust outlet i didnt notice the angle when i done it so its spraying some exhaust oil on the front wheel but its nothing to worry about , ill just redo it when i get back to work .

last of all if you have the money to buy both pipes and destroy one to build the one i did , go for it because i just love this thing now and i dont think ill be putting back the TGN pipe back on ever again ,and a note to DDM i reackon they should really consider making a pipe like this , i dont know what they were thinking when they put that silencer on, it just robs the power that it was making
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71576.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1095599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40688.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1095600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28258.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.6 KB