RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nolsen Mr Mulligan
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bud Nolsen Mr Mulligan

To Cloud Cruiser and the OP, me too!

He is lucky. And, like Cloud Cruiser, that stuff never happens to me, but I'm glad that it happened to someone, especially the OP who shared the news of his good fortune with us.

I bought a fellow out of R/C some years ago (decades actually) and sold a barebones Gere Sport Biplane to another friend. He just started up his own full scale airport and didn't have time to build, so he then hired me to cover his Gere Sport and to mount a Quadra Q35 in the nose. That required quite a bit of reengineering, but it was fun to do. The wife and I spent an entire weekend covering the Gere Sport (Nosen) with a dyed fabric covering. We started on Friday after dinner and worked on it every waking minute until Sunday evening. It looked pretty good if I say so myself.

All the while that we were covering the behemoth (108" top wing) Gere Sport, my eyes kept drifting at the sales literature that came with the model showing the Monocoupe. That was the model for me, I had decided. I never did get one. Heck, I never actually saw the Monocoupe in the balsa, so to speak. I have bid on probably half a dozen kits on eBay, but other folks are always willing to pay more than myself. So be it.

I am looking forward to seeing photos of the OP's Monocoupe during construction. Who knows, that may be enough to make me bid more than $200 for the kit.

Ed Cregger