RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don't ya just love it when - -
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't ya just love it when - -

ORIGINAL: pdm52956

You guys are all correct in your theory about how good cheap is in this adventure. Cheap will loose you a plane real quick, but I too posted a question on here when I first started flying and got some good answers that I never would have seen if I hadn't have taken the time to pick them out of the wise cracks that were thrown at me by all the "gifted" pilots out there.

Know what I love most? I love it when there is a newer flyer asking a question, and someone gives them sound, reasonable advise without a bunch of childlike sarcastic comments.

Sometimes we all need to make the effort to realize that OP just might not be as sharp as the rest of the crayons........or just new and not privey to having all the experience and fun of dispensing with all thier hard earned income as fast as this hobby/sport can demand.

Just my thoughts.............fire away!

You know I just gotta chime in here just because......When I first started this hobby I almost said screw it because I got online(different forum) and started asking virgin newb questions and was treated like a totally idiot. Kinda the way I'm hearing this thread going. Luckily I found a club which I didnt think existed around here that showed me the way. I never read that other forum again. Those other guys were totally right,but the way the came across just made me want away from this hobby. Its hard to justify spending extra money when your on a limited budget for better equipment that claims to do the same thing........I also understand how difficult it is to get this across to newbs who have no idea what their getting into with this hobby(I sure didnt). I dont know what the best way to talk to these newbs is,but I know its not treating them like idiots because of there lack of experience. If it wouldnt have been for my flying club I luckily found I would have probably went out on my own just to spite those forum guys,which is I'm sure what alot of newbs do...and that would have been the end of the hobby for me. At least if you treat them with respect they'll come back after learning from their mistakes. Its just human nature that everyone wants cheaper quicker.....I'm still like that! And I'll also point out that when you ask most of these guys that dont understand why people dont listen about their first experiences........they'll say they learned the hard way . Makes you wonder huh? Now be nice to the newbs!!!!!!

ok,I'm done now too,lol. Have a nice day!