RCU Forums - View Single Post - Don't ya just love it when - -
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:02 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't ya just love it when - -

You make some good points to consider. I know I have been in the hobby for most of my life and have gone through the know it all sarcastic folks that just in general made life in the hobby mostly unpleasant. But just remember the majority are great folks, willing to help and love to share their hard earned information and tallents. I agree that we as "experienced and seasoned veterans" of this hobby need to listen to how our comments sound to someone just starting out. I can see where we need to become more user friendly for lack of a better term. Most of the joy in this hobby is sharing and meeting new friends.

I think sometimes it is just a case of frustration with comments that should not be made. I know I have bought less expensive hobby items or in some cases just cheap junk and paid the penalty for doing so. I wonder how many have learned this lesson the hard way, after being cautioned by someone else that has "been there and done that"!

I feel for the retailers that supply use with our hobby needs. God bless em! They fight to survive off slim profits and stiff competitiion. Then watch as someone builds a giant scale and install less costly servos that the experienced flier knows will not handle the job, or take other shortcuts that will result in an unsuccessful flying model. I quess we must each learn these lessons in our own way.

Great thread, great comments, great friends here. Thanks to all!

Blue skies