RCU Forums - View Single Post - one giant VW buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 02:32 PM
quadbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: one giant VW buggy

all is possable, i will chop most of the chassis work that goes over the engine off and reduce the overall height by 2inchs or so, also a redesign at the front to accomodate the wiper servo. not to sure about dropping the ride height of the springs as i want to increase the wheel track width by about 15cm both sides at the rear and make the front 10cm wider each side (need to make the front bigger for the wiper motor)

but i agree something need to be done about the spring rate or at least position the spring so more force is applied from the sing arm

making the front wider will be easy but i think i need a atv rear shaft i can fiddle with

i want to use much of the exiting parts as possible to keep it simple and easy. my thinking is to produce a PDF plan for others to have a crack at building one.

in the pic you can see the bar i welded over the engine to give protection and support the front suspension. this will go and i will strengthen the base frame etc

the rear cross bar on the swing arm will be altered and a set of matched drilled holes in flat bar welded to it so i can adjust the height.

but this will have to wait untill i come back from holiday on the 19th jan!!

dam too long i want the play now!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84270.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1100804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31001.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1100805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58895.jpg
Views:	28