RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Doc...
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!

Hi Gary,

Your right, Al is a great guy. I have only talked to him a few times. There is a strong chance he may come to Michigan Jets this year. It's held the weekend of August 7, 8, 9th just before the IRCHA Jamboree which I have to attend. No, this is my 10th Jet but 9 of them were DVF's. Ya know, I guess I'm just plan stupid because my 1st thought when trying to fit the intake to the fuse was understanding that where the 4 tabs fit into the slots, you could see a slight gap from the intake to the fuse between the tabs. I thought it was to fit flush up against but found no way It could. It came out ok but my bad I guess. If you go to post 176 in this thread you'll see the gaps. I copied the picture and put it into a photo publisher and really blew it up and there it was. O well, I never saw that in the instructions. I, as well, after sanding the areas to be epoxyed, I CA'd the top and epoxyed the bottom then clamped it from the inside. The retracts are in and I'm about to install the booms and the elev then start the installation of all the goodies. My Turbine will be here on the 6th. Can't wait. Where are you at so far?

Doc...