RCU Forums - View Single Post - which country had the best fighter planes of WWII
Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which country had the best fighter planes of WWII

ORIGINAL: Brad330l

Have had a bit of a scan through this thread but I am not going to read all of it or get into any arguments with all you (very) knowlagable aircraft affectionates. I will just chuck in my two cents worth by saying I voted for the British as they had the right machines at the right time to slow down the then unstopable Luftwaffe from allowing a fully blown water bourne invasion of the UK and so cutting off the rest of Europe. Even though I am talking about the most basic of Spitfires and Hurricanes they did the job they were designed to do. Knock E/A out of the sky and a moments notice. The later marques of these and the Mosquito nail it for me, and i'm sure you all know that the P51 was made as a result of a british specification/contract.

Brad

Germany lost the "Battle of Britain" because of Germany, not because of the will of the British... Spitfire or Hurricane. Anyone who gets angry looses his head and usually gets killed, or looses the battle.

Hitler got angry and told " Fat Ball" to bomb London. Then as we all know Hitler lost interest in invading England and had his sights in Russia. It's written everywhere that England was on its knees buy the time "Fat Ball" and Hitler called everything off.

IF - Hitler and "Fat Ball" kept hitting radar and airfields like he did in the begining... the outcome of WWII would have been different. JMHO Germany had the best strategic blunders as well, best fighters.

As I recall, England kept begging the United States to get involved in the war even using trickery, like they did in WWI with the Lusitainia.