RCU Forums - View Single Post - AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 AM
jaaron01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good

Dan,
The Spring Air retracts came in a clear bag, with 1 yellow piece of paper with part numbers for more parts. There's one little paragraph that's very vauge on installing, and a diagram, that shows parts that are not the same as what i received. I had a @#$@ of a time getting the shut-off valve in the correct way. As you know most of the valves are check valves, and must go one way only to function correctly, so it was a method or trial and error, to ever get the system correct.

If you put the coils facing backwards there's not enough clearance for the gear to close, as the spring would hit the air cyclinder on the retract. The nose strut is the only one that is off set to have the spring facing backwards. I will say with the 3/16 wire struts, they are stiff......I worry more about the retract plate ripping out than the wire bending to far.

Steve: I'm glad the control horn solution solved itself. I know there are heavier Strip Aileron Horns out there, but these were just on the shelve, and presented them selves. I think the original size was 5/32 diameter, but they were solid enough to drill out to 1/8, without making the walls to thin. You could probably get on Tower and find a heavier set, all made by dubro.

I hope thursday to get the other axials in at the hobby store and finish up the front gear. I'm going with the throttle servo up front, thats a for sure. I've still gotta work out the steering rod, and get it routed through the fuselage. I need to get a sullivan flex rod, as I thought I had one laying around, but turned out to be a sullivan throttle cable assy. Just my luck...